On Wednesday 4th Feb. author / historian Michael Galvin presented a talk on Warrenscourt & Manch estates to a very appreciative audience. Despite the inclement weather conditions a big crowd attended. Michael delivered a well researched account of both estates, & more specifically the people who occupied them To the delight of everybody Oriana Conner (Manch House) attended, & she gave a wonderful account of the famous duel which took place between Conner & Daunt. A sociable cuppa followed, & the chat continued..
The Big Houses
- Nollaig Shona agus Athbhliain faoi Mhaise Daoibh.
- “Lighthouses – on the South-West coast of Ireland” an illustrated talk by Gerald Butler. Wed 5th Dec, 8:30, An Caipín
- Con McCarthy Book-Launch, Sunday 25th Nov, 4pm, Four Winds Ahiohill
- Fr Tom Hayes “Exploring the origin & practices of Station Masses” Wed 7th Nov, 8:30.
- Annual Table Quiz, Friday 2nd Nov, 9pm.