On Wednesday 4th Feb. author / historian Michael Galvin presented a talk on Warrenscourt & Manch estates to a very appreciative audience. Despite the inclement weather conditions a big crowd attended. Michael delivered a well researched account of both estates, & more specifically the people who occupied them To the delight of everybody Oriana Conner (Manch House) attended, & she gave a wonderful account of the famous duel which took place between Conner & Daunt. A sociable cuppa followed, & the chat continued..
The Big Houses
- Talk on history of stained glass windows in West Cork churches – by Finola Finlay – Wed 8th May, at 8pm in St Joseph’s Church, Castletown Kinneigh.
- “1918 – Victory, Virus & Votes” – by GERRY WHITE, Wed 3rd April, 8:30pm
- ‘The Whiddy Island Tanker Disaster’ Paddy O’Sullivan – 6th March
- Nollaig Shona agus Athbhliain faoi Mhaise Daoibh.
- “Lighthouses – on the South-West coast of Ireland” an illustrated talk by Gerald Butler. Wed 5th Dec, 8:30, An Caipín