On Wednesday 4th Feb. author / historian Michael Galvin presented a talk on Warrenscourt & Manch estates to a very appreciative audience. Despite the inclement weather conditions a big crowd attended. Michael delivered a well researched account of both estates, & more specifically the people who occupied them To the delight of everybody Oriana Conner (Manch House) attended, & she gave a wonderful account of the famous duel which took place between Conner & Daunt. A sociable cuppa followed, & the chat continued..
The Big Houses
- Dr Bernadette McCarthy: on ‘Historic postboxes of the Coppeen region in context’
- Diarmuid O’Mathuna GAA Club; an idea that became a reality. Wed. 6th Nov. – SEAMUS COAKLEY
- FILM EVENING at CAHCS. Wed. 2nd October.
- THE CORK REBEL WAY, Launch. Sunday 4th August, 5pm, at Kilmichael Ambush site
- Talk on history of stained glass windows in West Cork churches – by Finola Finlay – Wed 8th May, at 8pm in St Joseph’s Church, Castletown Kinneigh.