Wednesday 7th April (at 8:30pm) will see Cllr. Kieran McCarthy making the journey from Cork to An Caipín Bar meeting room to present his wonderful talk & slide show entitled “In the Steps of St. Finbarre”. Kieran is an Independent Cork City Councillor with a whole plethora of strings to his bow. He has written eight books to date, he is a Heritage Consultant, and he is active on multiple levels of community political affairs.
Over the past few years Kieran has conducted a study of the River Lee Valley, from the river’s source all the way to Cork City. He has photographed and documented this area in detail and he now presents the fruits of his work to us in Coppeen on 7th April.
Kieran’s renowned energetic presentation skills are eagerly awaited in Coppeen.
- Author of eight books on Cork and its region
– Pathways Through Time, Historical Walking Trails of Cork City (2001),
– Cork: A Pictorial Journey (co-edited 2001)
– Discover Cork (2003),
– A Dream Unfolding, Portrait of St Patrick’s Hospital and Marymount Hospice (2004),
– Voices of Cork: The Knitting Map Speaks (2005),
– In the Steps of St Finbarre, Voices and Memories of the Lee Valley (2006)
– Generations: Memories of the Lee Hydroelectric Scheme (co-edited, 2008).
– Inheritance, Heritage and Memory in the Lee Valley, Co. Cork (2010)
- Columnist for ten years with Inside Cork / Cork Independent
– focus on the past, present and future development of the City and the region with specific focus on the River Lee valley, its heritage and people; www.corkheritage.ie
For more information on Kieran, check his website at: www.kieranmccarthy.ie