Friday 14th May will be a momentous day for CAHCS. Their new book ‘Coppeen, a Glimpse of The Past’ Volume II will be launched in An Caipín Coppeen at 9:00pm. Dr. William O’Brien, Professor of Archaeology in U.C.C. will perform the official launch. Over 12 months of work has been invested in this publication by CAHCS members and friends, and the final product is eagerly awaited by all. In these days of tremendous change, it is imperative that our heritage is not forgotten or neglected. Local heritage publications serve a vital role in documenting many items, places, events, people and folklore which might otherwise be forgotten, ignored or lost. EVERYBODY WELCOME.
BOOK LAUNCH – 14th May 2010!
- Talk on history of stained glass windows in West Cork churches – by Finola Finlay – Wed 8th May, at 8pm in St Joseph’s Church, Castletown Kinneigh.
- “1918 – Victory, Virus & Votes” – by GERRY WHITE, Wed 3rd April, 8:30pm
- ‘The Whiddy Island Tanker Disaster’ Paddy O’Sullivan – 6th March
- Nollaig Shona agus Athbhliain faoi Mhaise Daoibh.
- “Lighthouses – on the South-West coast of Ireland” an illustrated talk by Gerald Butler. Wed 5th Dec, 8:30, An Caipín