On Friday 14th May a huge crowd came to An Caipín to attend the launch of our new book entitled, ‘Coppeen, A Glimpse Of The Past’ Volume II. Chairman Colum Cronin outlined a brief synopsis on each article within this new publication. ‘A culmination of 12 month’s work’ was how Colum described the occasion. Then Colum introduced Dr William O’Brien, Professor of Archaeology, in UCC, who spoke in glowing terms of this new book, the previous volume and the activities of the society in general. Dr O’Brien then formally launched the book. Marie Cohalan (Secretary CAHCS) made a presentation to William O’Brien. Then followed an enjoyable night of chat while refreshments were served. An online book sales service will be available on this site shortly. Meanwhile, books can be purchased in local outlets as listed here
Our New Book is Launched!
- THE CORK REBEL WAY, Launch. Sunday 4th August, 5pm, at Kilmichael Ambush site
- Talk on history of stained glass windows in West Cork churches – by Finola Finlay – Wed 8th May, at 8pm in St Joseph’s Church, Castletown Kinneigh.
- “1918 – Victory, Virus & Votes” – by GERRY WHITE, Wed 3rd April, 8:30pm
- ‘The Whiddy Island Tanker Disaster’ Paddy O’Sullivan – 6th March
- Nollaig Shona agus Athbhliain faoi Mhaise Daoibh.