The 88th Commemoration Ceremony of Michael Collins’ death at Beal na mBlath took place on Sunday 22nd August. Fianna Fáil’s Brian Linehan, current Minister for Finance delivered the oration. In contrast to 2009, the weather was glorious & a huge crowd attended, according to RTE News reports, approx 2,500 people.
Michael Collins Commemorations, 2010
- Talk on history of stained glass windows in West Cork churches – by Finola Finlay – Wed 8th May, at 8pm in St Joseph’s Church, Castletown Kinneigh.
- “1918 – Victory, Virus & Votes” – by GERRY WHITE, Wed 3rd April, 8:30pm
- ‘The Whiddy Island Tanker Disaster’ Paddy O’Sullivan – 6th March
- Nollaig Shona agus Athbhliain faoi Mhaise Daoibh.
- “Lighthouses – on the South-West coast of Ireland” an illustrated talk by Gerald Butler. Wed 5th Dec, 8:30, An Caipín