Planned by Tom Barry, Crossbarry ambush took place on 19th March 1921, & was one of the largest engagements during the War of Independence. Afterwards, Barry led his men to O’Sullivan’s farm in Gurranareigh, which is just east of Coppeen. Donal O’Flynn has studied this important event for many years, & he comes to An Caipín on Wed. 1st Dec to present his account of the Crossbarry ambush. Donal is also an accomplished photographer, & he uses an impressive PowerPoint presentation to illustrate his story. We look forward to welcoming Donal to An Caipín Meeting Room, Coppeen on Wed. 2nd March where he will begin at 8:30pm
‘Crossbarry Ambush’ – an illustrated talk by Donal O’Flynn, originally scheduled for Wed 1st Dec, but cancelled due to snow, now re-scheduled for Wed. 2nd March 2011
- Nollaig Shona agus Athbhliain faoi Mhaise Daoibh.
- “Lighthouses – on the South-West coast of Ireland” an illustrated talk by Gerald Butler. Wed 5th Dec, 8:30, An Caipín
- Con McCarthy Book-Launch, Sunday 25th Nov, 4pm, Four Winds Ahiohill
- Fr Tom Hayes “Exploring the origin & practices of Station Masses” Wed 7th Nov, 8:30.
- Annual Table Quiz, Friday 2nd Nov, 9pm.