A large group of CAHCS members travelled by bus & cars to Kinsale on Sunday 8th July. Kinsale History Society members were our hosts for the day. First to the White Lady Hotel where we were treated to very welcome refreshments. Then the highly compitent Dermot Ryan took us on an informative walking tour across the town. Then it was back on to the bus, & Jeremy & Maura took us on a tour of the site of the Battle of Kinsale. Our very able coach driver Martin skilfully drove us up hills & down hills, through valleys & heavily wooded areas, following the march route of the armies of O’Neill & O’Donnell. Vincent spoke to us at the ‘Briseadh Cionn tSáile’ stone chair, which commemorates & marks the site of the 1601 battle. On bidding goodbye to our Kinsale History Society friends, we proceeded on to Innishannon House Hotel where we enjoyed a wonderful evening meal. Chat, drinks & more chat, & then the homeward trip back to Coppeen. A memorable day indeed. Thanks to all who travelled, our largest group outing to date, & special thanks to Maura & all the members of Kinsale History Society for their time & effort, & for making us feel so welcome to their wonderful town.
CAHCS Annual Outing 2012
- Nollaig Shona agus Athbhliain faoi Mhaise Daoibh.
- “Lighthouses – on the South-West coast of Ireland” an illustrated talk by Gerald Butler. Wed 5th Dec, 8:30, An Caipín
- Con McCarthy Book-Launch, Sunday 25th Nov, 4pm, Four Winds Ahiohill
- Fr Tom Hayes “Exploring the origin & practices of Station Masses” Wed 7th Nov, 8:30.
- Annual Table Quiz, Friday 2nd Nov, 9pm.