On Wed 6th March at 8:30pm Alfie O’Mahony who now lives in Skibbereen, will deliver a talk in Coppeen which is eagerly awaited by many. Now past the 80 years mark, Alfie has written a book entitled ‘The Way We Were’ which recounts reminiscences of his life in Baltimore Industrial School. This is just one chapter from Alfie’s most interesting life. He is a prolific story teller – this is an event not to be missed.
Alfie O’Mahony comes to Coppeen
- Dr Bernadette McCarthy: on ‘Historic postboxes of the Coppeen region in context’
- Diarmuid O’Mathuna GAA Club; an idea that became a reality. Wed. 6th Nov. – SEAMUS COAKLEY
- FILM EVENING at CAHCS. Wed. 2nd October.
- THE CORK REBEL WAY, Launch. Sunday 4th August, 5pm, at Kilmichael Ambush site
- Talk on history of stained glass windows in West Cork churches – by Finola Finlay – Wed 8th May, at 8pm in St Joseph’s Church, Castletown Kinneigh.