On Wed 6th March at 8:30pm Alfie O’Mahony who now lives in Skibbereen, will deliver a talk in Coppeen which is eagerly awaited by many. Now past the 80 years mark, Alfie has written a book entitled ‘The Way We Were’ which recounts reminiscences of his life in Baltimore Industrial School. This is just one chapter from Alfie’s most interesting life. He is a prolific story teller – this is an event not to be missed.
Alfie O’Mahony comes to Coppeen
- Nollaig Shona agus Athbhliain faoi Mhaise Daoibh.
- “Lighthouses – on the South-West coast of Ireland” an illustrated talk by Gerald Butler. Wed 5th Dec, 8:30, An Caipín
- Con McCarthy Book-Launch, Sunday 25th Nov, 4pm, Four Winds Ahiohill
- Fr Tom Hayes “Exploring the origin & practices of Station Masses” Wed 7th Nov, 8:30.
- Annual Table Quiz, Friday 2nd Nov, 9pm.