It is hoped that eventually all graveyards in Enniskeane Parish will be surveyed in order to gather as much information as possible on every gravestone & everyone who has been buried here. Castletownkinneigh cemetery has around 160 grave enclosures & CAHCS are presently surveying & documenting details of all graves. Along with the gravestone text, it is hoped that as much historical information as possible will be gathered relating to the occupants & their families. On Wednesday 1st May at 7:30pm CAHCS members are meeting (& anybody else who would like to join in) at St Joseph’s Church in Castletownkinneigh village. All interested parties welcome.
Castletownkinneigh Graveyard Survey. Meeting Wed. May 1st 7.30pm at Church in village
- Talk on history of stained glass windows in West Cork churches – by Finola Finlay – Wed 8th May, at 8pm in St Joseph’s Church, Castletown Kinneigh.
- “1918 – Victory, Virus & Votes” – by GERRY WHITE, Wed 3rd April, 8:30pm
- ‘The Whiddy Island Tanker Disaster’ Paddy O’Sullivan – 6th March
- Nollaig Shona agus Athbhliain faoi Mhaise Daoibh.
- “Lighthouses – on the South-West coast of Ireland” an illustrated talk by Gerald Butler. Wed 5th Dec, 8:30, An Caipín