A gathering to celebrate the launch of “Coppeen – A Glimpse Of The Past, Vol III” + the launch of “The Coppeen Heritage Trail” takes place on Sunday 18th August in An Caipín, Coppeen. This is the CAHCS 2013 Heritage Week event. A Cheese & Wine reception with ceol, caint agus craic begins at 7pm. After a years’ work, the third volume of the CAHCS journal is about to be launched. This promises to be a valuable reference book & an enjoyable read for anybody with an interest in local history and heritage. The Coppeen Heritage Trail will make it easy for anybody to plan a tour of our many archaeological & historical sites at a glance. All will be revealed at the event. Email any queries to firstname.lastname@example.org
Upcoming Booklaunch Sun 18th August – HERITAGE WEEK EVENT
- THE CORK REBEL WAY, Launch. Sunday 4th August, 5pm, at Kilmichael Ambush site
- Talk on history of stained glass windows in West Cork churches – by Finola Finlay – Wed 8th May, at 8pm in St Joseph’s Church, Castletown Kinneigh.
- “1918 – Victory, Virus & Votes” – by GERRY WHITE, Wed 3rd April, 8:30pm
- ‘The Whiddy Island Tanker Disaster’ Paddy O’Sullivan – 6th March
- Nollaig Shona agus Athbhliain faoi Mhaise Daoibh.