CAHCS member, eminent historian, author of some 14 books Michael M. Galvin was our monthly speaker for March. The title of Michael’s presentation was ‘Unusual aspects of the Land War in Mid-Cork in the 1880’s’ Michael’s unique style and his immense knowledge of his subject always insures that a large audience attends his talks. This night was no exception. The question & answer session which followed led to the chat continuing right through the welcome tea & sandwiches & eventually, all retired after a thoroughly enjoyable event. Thank you Michael.
Michael M. Galvin
- THE BIG ‘FLU 2020 // 1918 – Colum Cronin / Michael Galvin
- Tim & Thomas Crowley: “Our History In Film” Thursday 5th March, 8:30pm, An Caipín.
- BOOK-LAUNCH: ‘The Cuckoo Sings In May’ SUNDAY 19th JAN, 3pm, AN CAIPÍN.
- Dr Bernadette McCarthy: on ‘Historic postboxes of the Coppeen region in context’
- Diarmuid O’Mathuna GAA Club; an idea that became a reality. Wed. 6th Nov. – SEAMUS COAKLEY