CAHCS member, eminent historian, author of some 14 books Michael M. Galvin was our monthly speaker for March. The title of Michael’s presentation was ‘Unusual aspects of the Land War in Mid-Cork in the 1880’s’ Michael’s unique style and his immense knowledge of his subject always insures that a large audience attends his talks. This night was no exception. The question & answer session which followed led to the chat continuing right through the welcome tea & sandwiches & eventually, all retired after a thoroughly enjoyable event. Thank you Michael.
Michael M. Galvin
- Talk on history of stained glass windows in West Cork churches – by Finola Finlay – Wed 8th May, at 8pm in St Joseph’s Church, Castletown Kinneigh.
- “1918 – Victory, Virus & Votes” – by GERRY WHITE, Wed 3rd April, 8:30pm
- ‘The Whiddy Island Tanker Disaster’ Paddy O’Sullivan – 6th March
- Nollaig Shona agus Athbhliain faoi Mhaise Daoibh.
- “Lighthouses – on the South-West coast of Ireland” an illustrated talk by Gerald Butler. Wed 5th Dec, 8:30, An Caipín