This year’s Kilmichael Ambush Commemorations will take place on Sunday 30th November. They begin at St Joseph’s Church in Castletown-Kinneigh with 10:30am Mass, followed by graveside prayers and address. Then it’s on to the nearby ‘Cookie’ O’Callaghan’s bar for refreshments. Then at 1:30 (note slightly later time) at the Ambush Site the commemorations continue. The speaker this year is Jack Lane of the Aubane Historical Society. Afterwards, it’s on to the Parkway Hotel Dunmanway for dinner, chat and maybe even a few songs.
Kilmichael Ambush 2014 Commemorations
- Diarmuid O’Mathuna GAA Club; an idea that became a reality. Wed. 6th Nov. – SEAMUS COAKLEY
- FILM EVENING at CAHCS. Wed. 2nd October.
- THE CORK REBEL WAY, Launch. Sunday 4th August, 5pm, at Kilmichael Ambush site
- Talk on history of stained glass windows in West Cork churches – by Finola Finlay – Wed 8th May, at 8pm in St Joseph’s Church, Castletown Kinneigh.
- “1918 – Victory, Virus & Votes” – by GERRY WHITE, Wed 3rd April, 8:30pm