This year’s Kilmichael Ambush Commemorations will take place on Sunday 30th November. They begin at St Joseph’s Church in Castletown-Kinneigh with 10:30am Mass, followed by graveside prayers and address. Then it’s on to the nearby ‘Cookie’ O’Callaghan’s bar for refreshments. Then at 1:30 (note slightly later time) at the Ambush Site the commemorations continue. The speaker this year is Jack Lane of the Aubane Historical Society. Afterwards, it’s on to the Parkway Hotel Dunmanway for dinner, chat and maybe even a few songs.
Kilmichael Ambush 2014 Commemorations
- “1918 – Victory, Virus & Votes” – by GERRY WHITE, Wed 3rd April, 8:30pm
- ‘The Whiddy Island Tanker Disaster’ Paddy O’Sullivan – 6th March
- Nollaig Shona agus Athbhliain faoi Mhaise Daoibh.
- “Lighthouses – on the South-West coast of Ireland” an illustrated talk by Gerald Butler. Wed 5th Dec, 8:30, An Caipín
- Con McCarthy Book-Launch, Sunday 25th Nov, 4pm, Four Winds Ahiohill