At an awards ceremony in Kilkenny recently, CAHCS was awarded second place in Ireland by the Heritage Council, for their 2016 Heritage Week event ‘A Smithy Reborn’ We received high praise for our project, which is heartening, considering the huge amount of work and effort which was invested by our members and indeed, the wider community.
CAHCS National Award Winners
- Talk on history of stained glass windows in West Cork churches – by Finola Finlay – Wed 8th May, at 8pm in St Joseph’s Church, Castletown Kinneigh.
- “1918 – Victory, Virus & Votes” – by GERRY WHITE, Wed 3rd April, 8:30pm
- ‘The Whiddy Island Tanker Disaster’ Paddy O’Sullivan – 6th March
- Nollaig Shona agus Athbhliain faoi Mhaise Daoibh.
- “Lighthouses – on the South-West coast of Ireland” an illustrated talk by Gerald Butler. Wed 5th Dec, 8:30, An Caipín