At an awards ceremony in Kilkenny recently, CAHCS was awarded second place in Ireland by the Heritage Council, for their 2016 Heritage Week event ‘A Smithy Reborn’ We received high praise for our project, which is heartening, considering the huge amount of work and effort which was invested by our members and indeed, the wider community.
CAHCS National Award Winners
- Nollaig Shona agus Athbhliain faoi Mhaise Daoibh.
- “Lighthouses – on the South-West coast of Ireland” an illustrated talk by Gerald Butler. Wed 5th Dec, 8:30, An Caipín
- Con McCarthy Book-Launch, Sunday 25th Nov, 4pm, Four Winds Ahiohill
- Fr Tom Hayes “Exploring the origin & practices of Station Masses” Wed 7th Nov, 8:30.
- Annual Table Quiz, Friday 2nd Nov, 9pm.