Fr Tom Hayes has proven himself to be something of a legend in & around the Enniskeane area since his arrival. His many accomplishments include the revival of The Station Mass, a dying practice in many parishes. The Stations were a regular event in country life in days of yore. In the lead-up, a HUGE clean-up occurred, where everybody, young & old mucked in to clean & paint inside the house & outside. After all, one couldn’t have the neighbours seeing the place looking anything other than its best! Many of the older practices around the mass, the collection of the Station Box, the preparation of ‘the altar’ etc etc have been largely consigned to the pages of history. Fr Tom will remind us of all these & much much more. A highly entertaining & educational evening assured. So, be there, An Caipín meeting room, 8:30pm. €5 admission for non-members, teas included. EVERYBODY WELCOME!
Fr Tom Hayes “Exploring the origin & practices of Station Masses” Wed 7th Nov, 8:30.
- Nollaig Shona agus Athbhliain faoi Mhaise Daoibh.
- “Lighthouses – on the South-West coast of Ireland” an illustrated talk by Gerald Butler. Wed 5th Dec, 8:30, An Caipín
- Con McCarthy Book-Launch, Sunday 25th Nov, 4pm, Four Winds Ahiohill
- Annual Table Quiz, Friday 2nd Nov, 9pm.
- A Glimpse of the past: rare film footage of Cork, from 1901. Wed. 3rd October, 8:30pm