From all of us, in and around Coppeen, to all of you, we wish you a very happy New Year. May this Centenary Year, 2020 be a memorable one for you for all the right reasons. 100 years ago, our War of Independence began. There followed some of the most turbulent years in our proud Nation’s history. Let us make sure to remember and commemorate these events in a proud, dignified and appropriate manner, paying homage to all of those people who served, fought and died during those troubled times.
Happy New Year to All!
- THE BIG ‘FLU 2020 // 1918 – Colum Cronin / Michael Galvin
- Dr Bernadette McCarthy: on ‘Historic postboxes of the Coppeen region in context’
- THE CORK REBEL WAY, Launch. Sunday 4th August, 5pm, at Kilmichael Ambush site
- Talk on history of stained glass windows in West Cork churches – by Finola Finlay – Wed 8th May, at 8pm in St Joseph’s Church, Castletown Kinneigh.
- “1918 – Victory, Virus & Votes” – by GERRY WHITE, Wed 3rd April, 8:30pm